Wednesday 18 October 2017

Book Review: The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich

If you tell me not to do something, I'm probably gonna do it.


This is another book I requested off of NetGalley years ago and found in the library so decided to finally started reading it. It was really good so I wished it was of the NetGalley unread books I had brought (there's a large collection of them).

This is a really good horror book, with horrifying outcome.  It has a lot of Horror Tropes, Boarding School, insane asylum, magic, ghost demon things. The Main character Kaitlyn has mental illness issues but it some what a question what is mental illness and what is magic. 

There's is a made-up Scottish Magic in this book which I enjoyed. It was really well thought out so much so I started wonder if this was real thing that I had somehow had not heard about it. It's not a real, just really well done. 

The characters are all quite likeable and started to feel panicky about the character's outcome, which is great considering the amount of horrors that don't even try to have likeable or realistic characters. There is an odd romantic relationship and its up to question.
 
This book is told in "discovered" documents, mainly Kaitlyn's diary. It really works for the mystery thriller side of it.

Overall, I gave this book 4/5 stars for Church Pews. I really enjoyed this book and I am going to autobuy Dawn Kurtagich. I would recommend this to any horror buffs out there.

I got this book for Review off NetGalley years ago and it's published by Orion Children's Books.

Buy

No comments:

Post a Comment