Saturday 19 May 2018

My Favourite Scotitish Murder.

That's me back home from Glasgow. I went Edinburgh last Friday to Saturday, then Glasgow was meant to be Monday to Friday, instead because I'm me, I didn't go till Tuesday. I also didn't go to the cinema like I was meant to. Ended up doing a very ill-advised barbecue with only two people, lot of wasted food which I'm trying my best to stop doing. Sometimes I just don't eat. I'm very unhealthy in my eating patterns. *types while eating Animal biscuits*

My main reason for going to Glasgow for was I need to return books to the library that on the way up, make sure that one sister doesn't burn down the house of the other, and going to see My Favourite Murder. Yay. Murder.

It was great. Morbid laughter. Though, Georgia did pick a real boring murder and didn't go into the more interesting parts like how Hare was the mastermind and was freed. I also felt they had did that one before. Maybe it just with how much Hare & Burke have been re-told. Also they were both Irish so we don't own that one. Just Scottish Medical advancements through dodgy means.

Karen talked about how the Barrowlands Dance Hall now being a market (most famous for selling illegal stuff) and not the fact it's a famous music venue that it's actually noted for. Maybe we should shouted that, instead of just no. Playing at the Barrowlands is kinda big deal. It also has a pretty roof with pink stars on Blue. I did send in the Bible John part as Home Town Murder, a year or so ago. That had has tons of stuff in it. Those series of Murders on their own are one of the most messed up parts and despite the Barrowlands connection, the sister being the last to see her and her probable murder has really stuck with me. The taxi driver was never found. Anyway, Bible John has a comic book by Grant Morrison. Some one should make a list of them. I mean Jack Ripper alone must have a few outside of Penny Dreadfuls.

In terms of actual Scottish Murders that are interesting (Bible John is one, it is also horrifying): Renee and Andrew MacRae Disappearance (no bodies but probably dead with lots of suspects), Angus Sinclair and the World End Murders (serial killer and connected to a bar), There's Peter Manuel (1950s serial killer in the style of the Golden State Killer) as fictionalised in The Long Drop by Denise Mina (I did review this book, not sure if I recommend it, but it does shows 1950s Scotland pretty well to my knowledge), he definitely killed people but one of his cases the Husband/father has some suspicious against so good in terms of story telling and there's Dunblane Massacre, that one Scottish school shooting but with everything going in America right now I can understand not wanting to do that, except shout really angry at the end change bloody gun laws. Also class of dead five year old is bit much. In my head the whole class was killed, but it was 16 pupils which would have been more that my P1 class so maybe that's why.

Scotland is obsessed with crime and has mass of crime writers. Scottish Crime is a genre on it's own you can find in Scotland in general book shops. I wonder what other cases they did in the other UK venues. There some real fucking messed up UK crimes. The Yorkshire Ripper is giant thing to get through, so probably didn't do that.

The Glasgow O2 Academy as a sit down Venue, was not really good. They had these old plastic chairs where you couldn't avoid touching your neighbour. I also wasn't the only person to go there by myself. The Ladies being right next to the stage is still one of the worst choices. The men's is right next to the door out and in. The line to Ladies Toilet was massive before the show started.

I also got there an hour and half before the show was meant to start due to them not giving a starting time. Just when the doors opened. It's live podcast comedy show, it didn't have support acts so not like I could have guessed from other shows.

It was good, we got to see this tour's dresses before they were ceremoniously burned and people booed Paisley who is a butt of so many jokes since they ran for City of Culture. Funfact: Glasgow Airport is actually in Paisley but an Airport has to be connected to a city, which is also how Prestwick Airport is also called Glasgow Prestwick Airport despite being a good half a hour away from Glasgow.

I also a signed giant My Favourite Murder post card that I have no idea where I'm putting, a neat totebag and a VIP lanyard that I wear around the house. Though, I didn't get as merch as I wanted as the card machine wasn't working or something. I luckily had cash so got two t-shirts. They also didn't appear to have Toxic Masculinely shirt which I was hoping to get. I guess I will just have to put out for international shipping. It be worth it. I wish the Stay Sexy shirt, had don't get murdered on the back of it.

I did get Fuck Everyone t-shirt so I am mostly happy I guess. I also spent too much money on stuff this month so I'm not buying another god damn thing but things to live like heating and food. But cheap food. I walked around Glasgow before, shops and stuff. Taco Bell is longer to get to now, with part of Sauchiehall Street being closed due to the fires. So I have fucked myself for the up coming week and I need to do stuff.
On the Brightside, the Glasgow Subway is still creepy as hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment