Saturday 12 May 2018

Wicked, Eurovision a.k.a. The Queer Agenda

Hello Losers, I went to Edinburgh yesterday to see the musical Wicked (finally). Yes, the original Disney's Frozen. Seriously, why does no one call out Disney for copying Wicked, evil character is now good, pointless love interest and attempt at sisterhood and friendship. I said attempt because Frozen really fails at that angle, with it pointless love interest (I mean Ana is dead because she needs a man) and continuing with the annoying sidekick.

When are we getting the Wicked film, we're had a film musical about Slave owner and undermines the talent/skill of the actual people he exploited, also cheating as sub-plot. IMDb says 20 December 2019, but we know never to trust IMDB. Wiki also says that date, it's from 2016.

It's the first time I've seen Wicked, I've listened to the full soundtrack so roughly know the storyline and Twists. It was good, performance. I could do without the Love Triangle. I get the choice for story telling reasons and agree you needed another character there. I just wish we had media where Friendships carried the story, instead of always relaying on Romantic Love. Use other types of Love.

Didn't get hang around Edinburgh much though due my parents not getting how Tech works. My dad actually called the Apple hotline where the help person told my parents that serial number of the phone was on the back of the phone when it's not. It's on the inside, you need to be able to get into the phone to get that number. He meant that IMB number, so I get annoyed at this guy, it obviously bad training, but I'm trying to do something while my father is annoying me with a stupid phone thing that I've already told him he should try and get a new cable for as all the ones in the house are broken in some way or not cable of transferring data. I'm not shouting at this guy, my tone is annoyed, because I don't like phones and he's straight wrong, I want to hang up. I'm also saying Apple sucks, which my dad shouts at me for, like the phone guy cares what I think of the company he works for. It's not like he has high ranking job. Who calls help call lines anymore? You just google it. My Dad is literally 60 though.

So I didn't get to go Prince Street with its giant shop versions. The Primark is four massive floors.

Of course, I am watching EUROVISION, the gayest night of the year where the whole of Europe (and several other places not actually in Europe) battle through music and video effects that must look weird in person. China isn't officially watching this year due to Tattoos and two guys holding hands a.k.a. it's too gay for them.

Stage invading, didn't hear/understand what he said but it sounded political. I'm sure there will be stories about it. Hella, a security risk. Stage invading happens too much in Eurovision. We came 24th of 26 countries. It sounds better if you include the semi-finals, that we by-pass due to money.

So Israel won, next year is going to be awkward. You don't know how aware people are of what their country's government is doing but Jerusalem is real complicated and I'm not the person to track that. I will say that Eurovision winner does not have to host the contest in their capital city so it being held doesn't mean that Europe agrees that it's their capital. It's also been host in Jerusalem a few times. I do think it going to take some of the fun out of Eurovision, like that time Russia hosted, with all their homophobic policy and invading Ukraine.

UK has some fucked up policy and joined up with America in things they shouldn't have. In terms of song criticize, it was decent. I don't love it, but I'm not angry about the song winning. Eurovision is not meant to be political (it almost always is. We only really had one song this year). I'm going to bed, we're see what happens next year or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment