Wednesday 13 May 2015

Book Review: Flesh and Blood by Simon Cheshire

EVIL POLITICS

I must record the facts that have led me to where I am now. So that, when someone reads this, they understand.

Sam Hunter’s neighbours are pillars of the community, the most influential people in town. But they’re liars too. The Greenhills are hiding something and Sam’s determined to find out what it is. As his investigation unfolds, he realizes the lies reach further than he ever imagined – is there anyone he can trust? Uncovering the horror is one thing … escaping is another.


This is the third Red Eye book out, unlinked horror and the seconded I've reviewed (Bad Bones by Graham Marks).

This is classic horror story with conspiracy about the rich upper class family which is the classic thing to fear because it's real.

This is written in first person, meant to be Sam writing these past events, but it often written more like its happening to him now.

Whilst being a scary concept, it wasn't that scary and the main character just straight up walks into trouble. There is some interesting imagery but it's gore does not work.

Sam and friends are likable characters and I cared about their outcome which is essential in horror.

Overall, I give this book 4 out of 5 stars for talented friends. I enjoyed this novel and whilst not at all scary, it's attempt was great and interesting. Maybe a younger and less jaded person might even find it disturbing.

 I got this off NetGalley for review and it is published by Stripes Publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment