Wednesday 2 September 2015

Book Review: Hello, Goodbye, And Everything In Between by Jennifer E. Smith

The night before I leave to uni, I'm going tour the fields and say goodbye to the sheep.

One night. A life-changing decision. And a list…

Of course Clare made a list. She creates lists for everything. That’s just how she is.

But tonight is Clare and Aidan’s last night before college and this list will decide their future, together or apart.

It takes them on a rollercoaster ride through their past – from the first hello in science class to the first conversation at a pizza joint, their first kiss at the beach and their first dance in a darkened gymnasium – all the way up to tonight.

A night of laughs, fresh hurts, last-minute kisses and an inevitable goodbye.

But will it be goodbye forever or goodbye for now?

I have been excited for this book, since I heard about it the Edinburgh Book Festival. While not exactly what I expected, but I was not disappointed.

It is in the third-person, but with the emphasis on Claire. The chapters are split by where they go on their quest, for example Stop #613 THE MOON. It's not very stick with it, so it's just a way of emphasising the places they visit.

The relationship between Claire and Aiden is did well. It's feels like they have a real history behind them and I also like their group of friends. This essentially a character and relationship book. It also deals with they different relationships with their parents and how that's effected them.

Overall, I gave this book 4/5 stars for attempts to save Rusty. This was good book dealing with going off to uni/college and the general life stage after High school. If you at that stage like me, I recommend this book for you and if not it's still very good and Jennifer E. Smith writes good books. 

I got this book from BookBridgr and Headline for review. It's out on 1 September 2015 or yesterday to most people so now.

No comments:

Post a Comment