Monday 31 December 2012

Farewell to 2012 (Goodbye Loser)


Hi, so Christmas was Christmas and I got several childish gifts such as Monster High dolls and a Batman mask. I think the maturest thing I got was a skull bracelet and a Dark Knight Rises t-shirt. I am I shamed? No. Frankly, I'm very much aware of my geekyness as in I know I'm not the only girl pasted fourteen year old that collects them for the sake of it (I might be the only one that took it out of the box and then put it back) and I AM BATMAN.

 Who needs maturity anyway?




Obviously there is only a few more days left in the year, yet I feel weird reflecting on it until it completely over. Though, I know nothing going to change.

My goals last year were to:

1. To read a book a week or the equviant (52 books)
2. To generally write more.
3.  To write a blog post a week of some sort.
4. To do well in my exams.

So let reflect on those goals:
  1.  I read 97 books this year so far (I'm definitely going to read at least another book). I did miss the odd random week of finishing a book and during my exams I didn't read at all except of course my notes about books. I did have other mini-book goals that I completed. Such as finishing The Complete stories of Sherlock Holmes by ACD. I'm happy with my bookyness.
  2. I took part in Camp NaNoWriMo June and got 30000 words in a novel. I keep meaning to finish it, I will eventually.  I did have a few short stories, but I feel I could have done more especially during the summer.
  3. Well, in theory there was always a post on Saturday. However, this was done by cheating. Bad I know. This is why my notion of doing Wednesday posting will not be happening. Maybe when I've stopped college.
  4. I got three Bs in my exams and didn't fail anything. I now know them to be all useless because life's a bitch. That all I'm saying on the matter, so I will not responded to anyone challenging this. 
Other things I did this year are:
  • From doing Camp NaNoWriMo I started BookTubing. Meaning I have negated my main channel which is kinda sad. I will continue booktubing for the coming months. 
  • Killing serveral people with my mind.
  • Surived the end of the world
  • Went to T in the Park for the First time/spent four nights.
  • Beat my arch-enemy once and for all.
  • Also actually started using Tumblr.
Generally, this year been alright. Its certainly better than last year (2011). It could have been worse, it could have been better. 

Due to not having any other topic for next week, My 2013 goals will be appearing then. So I'm off to read that other book.

No comments:

Post a Comment