Wednesday 11 June 2014

Book Review: Zom-B: City by Darren Shan

Okay, for a sec there I thought we were in the Walking Dead.

How many survived the zombie apocalypse?
Where do the living hide in a city of the dead?
Who controls the streets of London?
B Smith is setting out to explore...


This is the third book in the Z-Bom series, I have done reviews of the first two books: Zom-B and Underground. Go check out those reviews if you haven't read them if you haven't as there will be spoilers for them in this review.

 A few interesting things are introduce/brought back to the series in this book. We have extreme religious nuts and get this very "The Walking Dead"ish speech from artist. He even says "I'm the Walking Dead" (that might be slightly wrong as I've lost the actual quote).

Through most of this I wonder if B had lost her brain. She does some dumb stuff and I think she doesn't really think everything through which has always been B's problem. She damages herself so much, she a zombie she can't heal she really needs to be more carefully that.  She generally puts herself in way too much risk. She is trying to be a better person but she still not doing the best job of it.

 I really don't like the "villains" very much, not in they villains ways. Just why more than anything. We get grimaces of them with no real answer to anything. I would just generally like more information. What is there motivation, why is this happening, how did this happened? Going off the end of this book we are going to get some answer in the next one.

Overall, I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars for painted zombies. I enjoy reading theses books but I am currently frustrated with the series at the moment. I shall continue on especially since I have the next one in my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment