Wednesday 11 November 2015

Book Review: The Lost and Found by Cat Clarke

Sometimes I think I should do reviews on book blurbs.


CAN YOU IMAGINE?
A CHILD - TAKEN.
A WHOLE FAMILY - TORN APART.

Slowly, over the years, the family put themselves back together. A little broken but strong.

Then the child (now all grown up) comes home.

THIS IS THE STORY OF WHAT'S HAPPENS NEXT.

This is the latest book from Cat Clarke and like always it was addicting. I started reading this book at 1am and was still awake at five.When I finally went to sleep I was awake four hours later to finish it.

Our protagonist and narrator is Faith and her sister disappeared when she was little.

The plot was something I worked out almost immediately. While predictable for me, I enjoyed this book a lot and the dialogue was witty and realistic. It was my favourite part of the novel, as well as the characters that said those lines.

The characterisation was good as always with Clarke, but I do feel the sister was little too perfect. Though, that is somewhat understandable.

Overall, I give it five out of five stars for awkward family moments. I really enjoyed this book. The little bit at the end summoned up the relationship the characters had with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment