Saturday 16 February 2013

Book Review: Mind MGMT Volume 1 by Matt Kindt

Its the cover that gets you.
I bring to you my thoughts on collection of 6 comics that is Mind MGMT volume 1. Yeah, I just generally see more comic/graphic novel stuff as it been a while.

 Reporting on a commercial flight where everyone aboard lost their memories, a young journalist stumbles onto a much bigger story, the top-secret Mind Management program. Her ensuing journey involves weaponized psychics, hypnotic advertising, talking dolphins, and seemingly immortal pursuers, as she attempts to find the flight’s missing passenger, the man who was MIND MGMT’s greatest success—and its most devastating failure. But in a world where people can rewrite reality itself, can she trust anything she sees?

It basically about this true crime writer trying to find material for her next book and basically her last chance before agent gives up on her. She investigating a plane fight where all the passengers lost their all memories.

The investigation leads into people with strange abilities and strange weird going ons.

I don't feel any strong feelings towards this graphic novel. I wasn't really that motivated by the plot or really at all cared about the main character (maybe its because she a Ginger). I'm not completely certain why.

I didn't perpendicular like the art,this might have been a factor, but it kinda grows on you after awhile. The colouring was just really wrong to me.

My favourite parts was the narration that goes on throughout the book, especially the times where you have no idea who the narrator is.  Also I quiet liked the case files, where you told the background of certain characters.

ALSO FORESHADOWING, who doesn't love foreshadowing (and random capitalisation).

It didn't leave me up all night wondering, however its good read and think the right person might love it. I'm just not its soul reader.  I gave it out 3/5 star and recommend it to people who like conspiracy side to mystery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment