Wednesday 9 April 2014

Book Review: Wolf by Mo Hayder

The only difference between a wolf and dog is that a dog is trained not to try to kill you.
 
I believe, from what I can hear, that either my daughter or my wife has just been attacked. I don't know the outcome. The house is silent.

Fourteen years ago two teenage lovers were brutally murdered in a patch of remote woodland. The prime suspect confessed to the crimes and was imprisoned.

Now, one family is still trying to put the memory of the killings behind them. But at their isolated hilltop house . . . the nightmare is about to return.




The characters were bit cliché. The DI Jack Caffery was bit stereotypical with his lonely life and trying to quit smoking. I also did give a ratsarse about the family and anything could have happen, wouldn’t have given a damn. They weren’t very sympathetic characters and I suppose flat.

It took me a while to get into this book. The first hundred pages or so are really slow. The pace did pick up. The solution was a bit so what. I guess it was logical. I want to say I saw it coming but I can’t as I got bored and looked at the end.

Overall, I gave this book 3 out of 5 stars for acid burns. It was alright, I guess I was feeling rather lacklustre in general. It might be better if I was in a better mood. It was what it was. 


I got this off Netgalley for a review. It’s being published by Bantam Press on 22rd April 2014.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment