Wednesday 23 April 2014

Book Review: The Worst Girlfriend in the World by Sarra Manning



In the friendship type more than anything.  

My best friend was now my deadliest enemy, the one person I'd hate beyond all measure for the rest of my life . . .

Franny Barker's best friend, Alice, is the worst girlfriend in the world according to the many boys of Merrycliffe-on-Sea. She toys with them, then dumps them. But she'll never dump fashion-obsessed Franny. Nothing and no one can come between them.

Not even tousle-haired rock god, Louis Allen, who Franny's been crushing on hard. Until Alice, bored with immature boys and jealous of Franny's new college friends, sets her sights on Louis. Suddenly, best friends are bitter rivals.

Is winning Louis's heart worth more than their friendship? There's only one way for Franny to find out.

This is a book is more about friendship than romance, but of course there’s a romance. There is always a romance.  It nice romance, a slow develop romance.

Fanny is just a terrible name to give anyone; fictional or not. I didn’t care that much for the characters. I don’t why but with Manning books that fact that I don’t like the characters doesn’t really effect my enjoyment of them. It’s rather weird for a contemporary. There nothing about these characters that I particular dislike but there nothing I love either. There are dull cookie bunch. I did identify with Alice being jealous, so I guess there were relatable.

This books deals with a lot of themes, such as slut shaming, jealous and Mental illness. Fanny is generally resentful, of her mother and the rest of her immediate family because there don’t have to deal with her mother’s depression. She left alone to deal with her mother alone. I think it dealt with quite well.

Overall, I gave 4 out of 5 stars for messed up dummies. I enjoyed reading this book and that’s all that matters. I don’t know what I’m saying. It’s a fun, light read that has friendship as the main focus which is something I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment