Wednesday 20 May 2015

Book Review: Bomb by Sarah Mussi

Neither of these seem like healthy relationships.



My head's ringing. And I'm cold, lying here on my back. And stiff. I can't seem to sit up. And something's dripping, like I'm in a cavern. There's a sour taste in my mouth.
I raise my head and open my eyes. A blinding flash slices, like white fire, through the edge of my vision.
Where am I?
'Hello? Anyone there?' 

When Genesis goes on a blind internet date, she just wants to get over her ex-boyfriend Naz. Just wants someone to like her again. But when Genesis wakes up the morning after the date, she can't remember a thing. She doesn't know where she is, or how she got there. And she can hardly move because she is strapped into some kind of body armour ... and there's some sort of earpiece stuck in her ear.

And then a voice sounds in her head: 'You have been chosen for an assignment ... The vest you're wearing is packed with high explosives. And with one mobile call we can detonate it.'

To her horror, Genesis has become an agent of mass destruction. The countdown to detonation begins NOW...

This book features a fictional terrorist organisation recruiting the youth of the day and is very topical because you know the mass of British Student joining ISIS and fact this book starts with a quote about them. This make sense as topic for YA books and I'm surprised that there isn't a pageant of books dealing with this issue coming out.

The Terrorist are religionist and sexist so they worship the sun and have no links to any real religions.There was a weird aspect to this book relating to their mythology and Genesis has this thing, I have no thoughts, don't know what it means to this story and world.

This book is separated into three parts and those parts are lists which I liked. I thought it was nice feature.

This book doesn't have a clear ending which is interesting. Especially, as I didn't care that much about the characters. There was a lot of background information given. Maybe it has to do with meeting the character after they were in grave danger and never evolved into real people. There is romances that felt rather plain.

Overall, I give this book three out of five out of stars for yellow hair dye. I like this idea, the execution could have been better. Though, I do think it's worth a read.

I got this book for review off NetGalley and it is published by Hodder Children's Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment