Saturday 2 January 2021

2020 in Reflection

 Now for the Annual post where I talk goals I had for the year. 

  1. Read a book a week: Fail. Not even on a technicality. I went months sometimes not reading but in my defence, 2020. 
  2. Finish 10 series: I finished four. 2 were on my actual list of series I wanted to finish. 
  3. Read More of My Own Books: I read even less of my own books this year. I even made a comparison table to prove that.
  4. Get the TBR Down:  Shockly, no, as someone who buys books in stressful and depressing times, I did not stop buying books during global pandemic when I stopped reading. 
  5. Write a Review a Week: Well, if stop reading then you can't review anything and the film reviews don't feel right. 
  6. Write a Post a Week: This is blog is meant to keep me writing all the time, and it's not working out that way. I would feel better about letting this blog go if I was writing outside of it but I am not. 
  7. Finish a Novel: Ha no. I feel like I have been writing more creative this year which is good.
  8. Published a Video a Week: Goblal Pandemic, sick siblings and funeral mean I didn't feel like doing this and I decide I wasn't going make myself do it. 
  9. Do More Complicated Videos: I have done the majority of the work for one but not exist. 
  10. Continue Bullet Journaling: I had fuck ups but I did it for the most part, despite no one actually needing a planner for this year.
  11. Exercise most days: I know this is getting stale, but I really didn't walk my dogs due to the global pandemic putting pandoria into me, because I know it just takes one fool and people are too causal already with their dogs going by other dogs. As of recent events a.k.a. my middle of nowhere country as the highest numbers in the country right now. I could have went on my trampoline but didn't. I did use my exercise bike when I was in my house but a global pandemic meant I wasn't in my house because I apparently we shouldn't be leaving our houses at all and I am a carer for my parents.  I miss my house and at this point I should stop letting my parent get their way all the time. 
  12. Apply for things: "I know I'm not going to a foreign country in September" This was a real moment of confusion for me, but I think it was reference to the Florida trip that my family has been talking about for five years. I did apply for a thing and was rejected and then a global pandemic happened so I had to isolate and didn't apply for anything after March. 
  13. Read 104 Books: No. I won't go into again. 
This was a bad year for everyone. Mostly bad things happened and I have new nibing. That is the single good thing. Also I am shockingly alive, despite being half convinced that I would die in the Year 2020 when I was 27. That probably should have filled me with more panic than ever did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment