Saturday 14 March 2020

Nothing or Over the limit.

I am once again sick. Don't worry, pretty sure it's not the hot virus of the year Covid-19. I'm sure because I got this cold from an Autoimmune depressed person, so they would be hella sick if it was the virus. Not much more I can about this mess, other than I hope it gets under control soon. Starting to worry they won't for a while.

I actually woke up with a sore throat on the day I had an interview about this college thing. Probably because this is the way of my body. I don't why I am the way I am. I mean Autism and anxiety have an effect, but I don't think it explains everything.

Even before the Interview, I was fucking up, so we had to write this review thing right. A thing I knew I would be asked to do when I applied, but then they specify favourite and used the word analysis so now I have never seen a film before and know nothing about being critical to any media.  It took me two days before the interview to decide I would write some shit about Scott Priglim Vs World. I like the Graphic Novel better, but I think that just comes from the limitation of film. I might just publish the writer's cut when I know my state of being. I had a limit of 500 words so of course, it ended up being almost 800 words without a conclusion, so I cut out a few paragraphs and just didn't write a conclusion to my nonsense. I mostly wrote about the film's mise-en-scene and how it's cool that it was actually completely filmed in its setting. One of the interviewers said it was good, but how much do you get from a glance. I guess he does grade a bunch of bullshit so maybe he has gotten good at doing it at speed. But not like he was gonna tell me it was terrible. They almost seemed to forget about the review but did ask right as the interview was wrapping up. But let's go back to the start.

I make the mistake of going to Wilkos at 3.20 to try and get pattern duck tape. It was a bust and I forgot completely that I wanted a universal remote for the TV in my living room. Its meant to be play DVDs but if you can't skip the ad for Step Up 3D, making it useless. Also turns out Scott Pilgrim is on Netflix anyway. It did have tons of toilet paper, but as I'm not a tool, so it was no use for me. I go to WHSmith to perchance they have the ducktape, but no, only Clearance Ghostbuster notebooks (which is one of my favourite live-action films, so who knows why I didn't think of it before) and Haribo.

I was with my sister so after that waste of time, I had to drive the 15 minutes to take her to the supermarket of choice so she can buy all the pot noodles. This meant that instead of being 15 minutes early, I was 7 minutes early. Not a big deal, but after going to reception I had to go into another building and make my way through a building with no map or signs to where the hell the stairs were. The elevator took forever to come and only went to the third floor. I need the fourth but I took it to the third on the hopes it would be easy to find my way. I end up being 3 minutes late and they are talking to someone anyway. So I sat down outside. Maybe I should have knocked and said I was there, but I didn't want to interrupt someone else interview.

They seem very confused when I said my name. I guess I could have been mumbled, I know I didn't respond typically to polite chit-chat like straight-up said nothing to how I am. I hate those questions anyway, its either 'fine' and the truth gets you weird looks. My throat was sore, that's my excuse. Not the Selective Mutism.

Which reminds me, I finally made it to the GP about this Anxiety thing. He said anti-anxiety drugs don't work, which not alarming to hear considering all the people on them. He referred me, so I'll probably hear about that in two years time when I get the will to go again about my chronic pain again.

There were two interviewers. They asked me the usual questions and I said some bullshit, like my strength being, have an eye for the frame and being good at editing. Lies if my half-arsed YouTube videos are anything to go by.

They asked what I wanted to do for in the future. I said my dream but I also like doing camera work. Didn't mention liking visual mixing, they must be only five of those jobs anymore outside of sports.

He straight up asked what I had been doing between high school and now, which now eight years of not doing much on paper. I told him about Visual Communication, but not the two years of uni. Though one of the lectures might straight-up being one of the randoms from uni who did one module, that was very badly taught. I had no idea what was going on with that module anyway. I might just re-summit the same pictures. Who would notice? I'll just dye my hair and I'm totally a different person.

I don't know what I think of the units. One of them is Animation based, which I kinda get if its to teach us Digital effects basics, otherwise what's the point of it. They will be some logic I'm sure. I guess I'll end up with another random animation. Maybe I could use an intro or something. Maybe I'll animate a skeleton like a punk.

I was asked about what I watched on YouTube, I said BookTube and nothing else. I could have said media analysis people who I do watch like Lindsey Ellis and that guy who just talks about Jurassic Park. I could only think of Drama video and tea channels that talk about people I don't know but its some reason interesting to see people's dirty laundry. I don't get celebrity gossip but YouTubers are so messy, just in public. Also, commentary channels are fun on weird tends of YouTube and social media. Internet humour is so weird and personal. YouTube leads to weird places.

They asked about games, and I said I like Point and Click games, which I do. I like puzzle, not shooter based games. I don't why I didn't mention the Sims, especially when I used to make films from the Sims 2. Sims 4 is trash compared to them all of the other ones, somehow even Sims 1 which no longer plays properly and looks like it made from literal cardboard. Couldn't age up kids but had rollercoasters.

I guess I'm a gamer. I own 3 consoles, but I just feel discontent due to not liking Shooters. I'm really gonna miss Flash. I mention Sam and Max, my OGs who probably explains some of my humour. I relate to Max the most and I know that is probably a bad thing. One of the interviews mention Monkey Island and my brain was like I've never played that when I have. Not the full series, but briefly the first and definitely the third one. Third one a lot.

I'm desperate for Animal Crossing: New Honzition to come out, that also escape my brain. I do know a lot of shit about video games because I love watching retro reviewers. I do watch decent people who put real effect into their videos. They have a YouTube module which I guess could be interesting.

They said they liked my choice in media: Sam & Max game, Nightmare on Elm Street 3, etc. Who knows what will happen. I'm just not choice.

My boiler is staying playing up. I, like a fool, I thought it had been fixed and was just wonky immediately after. But no, my house is freezing right now and I can't do my dishes.

I have started a project that involves me watching 40 films, I think I'm gonna start film Bullet Journal to document it. I'm starting this month in advance to when I would want to finish the project completely, but I'll probably end up watching more films because of it than I normally do. I will least have an impressive knowledge of early 90s films by the end of it.

I've left everything to get away from me, so excuse me as I panic film a video that somehow only five minutes long.

No comments:

Post a Comment