Saturday 18 January 2020

Adventures in Dog Parenting

Writing prompts don't work for me anymore. I looked through them all the time for this blog but never come across one that sparks inspiration. I want to write weekly, but not much really happens to me because I never leave the house.

Well, I do but is that interesting that I went food shopping and my dogs pull my shoulder so hard that it's sore and numb the next day. I'm used to my arms going numb but it has lasted a while. I woke up on Friday with it still numb from the night before. It's numb in the centre, sort of an ache, but no tingling paint and it still feels things without it being painful.

He also jumped into a locke after a swan and I had to pull him out because he couldn't climb back over the mini-fence that separates dogs from the evil that is swans. He was soaked but fine. It's January so the Swans fled rather an attack my idiot. I honestly don't how he managed it because his lead was locked and I was trying to untangle Leia at the time.

Both were overly hyper for some reason. They get walked, and they see other dogs but on Thursday they were really excited about it for some reason. Leia has been to that park before, Skye hadn't. Him seeing a swan for the first time was to try to make friends with it, what a fool.


Next is the beach for Skye, Maybe go in the summer when it warmer than normal for Scotland. Maybe we get Summer in Spring this year. My mum's response to the swan story was at least I know he likes the water. He might be traumatised. Leia won't go in river water, she just tried to drink the beach water but with that being saltwater I didn't let her get too close because I was not prepared to go in after her that day.

Another joy of dogs was that Skye brought a dead rat to my door. I'm very thankful that I taught him not to bring outside toys inside. I don't think he killed it because it was cold and been out for five minutes. He could have killed it earlier. My guess is it died by poison and just happened to drop dead while in my garden.

He's part Border Collie and , both have strong hunting instinct and breed to bring kills back to their owners. Not Border Collie so much the last one. Yeah, Border Collie were not bred to kill their prey but I have known Border Collies to hunt moles and one time a pigeon. She was also obsessed with the cat too but she was would just stare at her. Oh, Mysti. Basically, there's a reason why they use Border Collie as search and rescue dogs.

I put the rat in the bin. Skye was very confused to find it gone when he went out later. I'm hoping there are no more dead rats out in my garden as if they have been poisoned that could make Skye sick.

Leia and Skye kinda love each other, but Leia will still randomly put him in his place. I get telling to go away when he's annoying her but some times she does it when he's walking past. Dogs are weird and Leia is grumpy about having a sibling when she not playing with him.

I have to go now as Skye is currently eating straight from the Puppy food bag.



No comments:

Post a Comment