Saturday 15 February 2020

Chopped Captions

Another week, and more writing not having been done. I have had urges to write, but all right before I'm going to bed. I guess I could just get back up and write for the 10 minutes while that lasts.

I have very kind to Saturday Rachel by leaving them this blog to write and to caption a video that I want to go up today at 4pm. I've been quite good at captioning my videos as I upload them. I have even gone back and captioned a past video. Captioning is still a pain in the butt. Automatic captions are getting better, but then that leaves room for more asinine mistakes. I'm dyslexic which does making sure captions are correct is harder and then having to take forever to figure out how to spell a word. Normally, if it took me that long in my writing, I would just change the word, but I can't do that with captions.

I did do almost half of the video yesterday. I've said this before that if I made any money from YouTube, I would use that to hire someone to do captions for my videos. It definitely necessary to have captions, but it's just hard thing for me to do. The internet is now being a pain, so I can't currently load the captions to fix them and when it loads I keep accidentally going to the start of the video.

I have now finished captioning the video because I multi-task and was writing this while captioning and watching Chopped. I don't know if it's odd that I watch TV while doing captions. I mean not TV I'm deeply invested in but still, I'm playing attention at both. Captions feel like such a time suck otherwise.

I should also take my dogs a proper walk and pick up a package. It's raining now so I have two soaking wet dogs anytime I let them out. One of them is scared of towels, you can probably guess who, especially when I tell you that the other one thinks getting dried by a towel is game.

This seems like enough. I should do stuff. Stuff. Stuff.

Also, the snow was an inconvenience that had no concisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment