Saturday 1 February 2020

Long Live Europe.

The world is terrible. Of course, none of us are shocked by this information.

As of today, I can not say I have been an EU citizen for my whole life. An application I was recently filling out asked me if I had been one and that question really hurt me. I'm still in Europe.

Apparently, travelling is the same for the next 11 months, so until 2021, Maybe we have another referendum then. I have politically burnt out and they know we all politically brunt out but it never stops now. Now that the UK is doomed, I can stop engaging for a while. Not forever, but maybe a month. It's not I had any power over anything. I'm Scottish and young so I'm used to it.

There's not much to say other than My Chemical Romance are playing in Ireland and I wish I had known that before booking an non-refundable hotel. It would probably cost me the same to go fly from Glasgow to Dublin, rather driving down to the bottom of England. I would have rather done that and I would have actually become the Queen of the Emos having seen MCR and Fall Out Boy in less than 24 hours of each of, in two different countries. Instead of the two different countries and several days. Life is life. Of course, all MCR tickets are now sold out, because of course.

I wish I just renewed my passport when it expired. I don't want a shitty British Blue Passport. I want a Scottish Blue Passport, I think we go for bright Blue. Maybe even Baby blue so it looks fake. England have always hated being European so this suites them, changing their passports to match the EU flag.

Someday I hope to be an EU citizen again. I'm no way attached to being a UK one anymore. It doesn't seem to be much benefit to being one.

No comments:

Post a Comment